Hi, I’m Amelia
I empower families struggling with problem behaviour
so they can understand the WHY
and get through the day with clarity and confidence,
feeling proud, positive and connected with their kids.
What is your biggest parenting challenge?
Handy tools, everyday examples, and bite-sized behaviour insights.
Excellent for D.I.Y. behaviour solutions.
Personalized, in-home or in-school behaviour support. Available in the Greater Toronto Area.
Behaviour plans can help with issues such as:
- frequent conflict and defiance
- sibling fighting
- toileting struggles
- trouble at school
I would be happy to present to your group (parents, teachers, daycare providers, nannies, therapists, other care-givers.)
I have taught throughout Toronto and York Region on topics such as:
- Giftedness and learning disabilities
- ADHD and executive functioning skills
- Autism and adolescence
- The ABCs of Behaviour
Please send me a note with your group’s needs or book a free call, and I’ll do my best to help!
These courses are designed for parents and educators who need behaviour training that’s
- flexible: at home, any time
- fun: engaging videos, graphics, transcripts
- comprehensive: including the ABCs of behaviour, and links to strategies that apply to each situation
- supportive: access to a private Facebook group to discuss, share, and ask questions about the materials, answered by a professional!
Here are some quick links to strategies to try at home, and valuable books to explore!
Free Strategies to Transform Your Home
Trapped in an escalating cycle of punishment and frustration? Take a step back and try a new approach.
Are you tired of hearing the word NO? Take action with these 6 simple cooperation-boosters.
Does your child get frustrated and give up easily? Build perseverance with these 10 Empowering Questions
I share Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
because it has transformed me,
helped me overcome life-long barriers
guided me as I teach my children
and allowed me to make a powerful difference
in the lives of others.
Learn the WHY of difficult behaviour
so you can teach your child
- how to cooperate and consider others
- how to be responsible, and care for belongings
- how to communicate with respect and kindness
- how to keep calm and solve problems
- how to get along with family members
so you can stop
- getting tangled in tantrums
- feeling frustrated and hopeless
- nagging and yelling
- wondering how to stop aggression and rudeness
- losing valuable family time to pointless arguments and upsetting meltdowns
so you can see real change in your family relationships and your child’s growth.
What’s a behaviour analyst, and what do they do?
Behavior Analysis is the scientific study of principles of learning and behavior.
Practitioners of behavior analysis can
- provide behavioral assessments
- analyze data
- write and revise behavior-analytic treatment plans
- train others to implement components of treatment plans
- oversee the implementation of treatment plans
Behavior analysts can help skill deficits (e.g., communication, adaptive behavior), and problem behavior (e.g., aggression, self-injurious behavior), among others.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board provides more information about certification, responsibilities and ethics.
Who is eligible for Applied Behaviour Analysis?
Research shows that Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
is an effective way to treat problem behaviour
and teach new skills to all kinds of people,
including children with
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).